"Art requires much calm, and to paint the things of Christ one must live with Christ..." - Fra Angelico

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Out From Under the Bushel


Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
- Matthew 5:14-16



I am a blessed woman. The Lord has blessed me with many gifts. Some I discovered at an early age and have had the opportunity to develop. Others I have only recently discovered and I’m still very much in the learning stages. For years, I’ve been keeping most of these gifts to myself and my family. But, the Lord has been dealing with me. Don’t you love when He does that? He did not give me gifts to keep to myself, but to share with others so that He may be glorified. So, here I am, being obedient to the Lord and letting my light shine for whomever may be looking. I am just a vessel… an old, dusty window through which His light is shining. All of the glory goes to my beloved Father. I am humbled and grateful that He would give me such wonderful gifts with which to play.
(Image info: detail of oil on canvas "Little Girl Lost")

No comments: